Tuesday, September 9, 2008

no future for anyone...

from the showbread.net forum:

[quote="CJtheSloth"]I am just very concerned:

I am hoping that Showbread will continue to serve in the same capacity they always have... I've been worried because Garrett and Landon are both gone, the other members have been dropping like flies, the raw rock productions blog seems to be almost disparaging, and the official website has gone down... I really do hope Showbread will press on. I know it's hard, but there are very many people (as evidenced by this forum) who are very dedicated and moved by Showbread.

Follow God, but I hope I'm just reading too far into these things.

CJtheSloth[/quote]

yo. let's be real...

i honestly feel as though God has much more work for raw rock to do, and the four of us are ready to work as long as he tells us to keep working. i think that if he told just one of us to keep working we'd do that as well...

thing is, when you have member changes there are always going to be questions about the stability of a band. a lot of people (not pointing anyone out here on the forum or anything) think that member changes mean declining quality or a shakey future for a band but thus far in showbread it has ALWAYS meant improvement. not to say anything bad about the guys who have left so far, but i really believe they all left because of divine reasons... whether or not God called them to something else or God just dismissed them from the band because they weren't right for the job.

to me, it's encouraging. right before our most important, message based record came out, God started yanking out members who weren't appropriate the carry that message... it means he's always working and ever faithful to the work he's doing in us.

landon and garrett were touring guys, and we love them, but we feel like it's time to tour with band members right now, not live members (unless they are programmed fem-bots...) will people say it's not the same with a different line? of course, and they'll be right... it's not the same, it's totally different, and praise the Lord! change is one of the only things (in my opinion) that keeps music interesting... and believe me, we aren't afraid of it.

to be honest, this last tour was rough. it had its good points but it was rough. i talked about it on the blog because i'd rather be straight up with you guys than give you some superficial update about nothing. so tour was rough, no big deal, it happens.

the set we have planned for this tour supporting maylene is WILD. please come see it. the support of the true RAW ROCK MILITIA means the world to us... in the end, we do what we do for Jesus, and he blesses people through it. there are people who don't like change and don't like us and i honestly couldn't care less. raw rock endures in His name. if there's one person being blessed, praise His name.

more new demos are being recorded. I think that with this new lineup, we can make something we've always wanted to but never could with previous members in the band... and being done with such a huge concept frees us up to focus on the musical approach... and man, is it RAW.

more to come... -J. Dies

21 comments:

CJ said...

This is what I was hoping to hear... I figured you would always move on if it's God's will. I understand that touring is stressful sometimes. Discouraging as well. Having only one person show up for a tour stop is rough... I suppose, more than anything, what was said was intended to be encouraging for the band. I'm glad to hear that things are looking up for the future, though. I really try to shy away from these rumors of band break-ups, etc. However, as a fan and not a member of the band, it's difficult to really "get" the emotions and experiences you guys feel. As stated in my post, I just pray that Showbread follows God... If that means more albums to come, PRAISE GOD! If it means the end of Showbread, PRAISE GOD! I'm practically writing a book here, but when I posted a thread entitled "Terrified", I hardly expected this thorough response from you, Josh.

Thank you for being concerned with the thoughts of your fans... We will always be here to support you.

CJ the Sloth

Anonymous said...

definitely...

from what i know about you guys, you all really dont care too much about what others think

im sure everything (as least as far as tours) will start picking up
the "touring economy" always takes a little slump during the beginning of the fall quarter

and im really glad you finally put up an update
it was LONG overdue

p.s. josh, did you succeed in becoming a cha cha man?

Anonymous said...

hey josh, even if showbread turned into a three, two or even a one man band, I would still appreciate the music. You're music pulls out things that glorify God in ways that it has never been brought out. God's plan is going accordlingly. Hold strong man.



I do know a lot of people who could use anorexia/nervosa lyrics ha

Anonymous said...

The only person that has enough Raw Rock to Kill Showbread is God and if he does you know its all a part of His plan! Keep going guys i love your music and it has help me though the last year in my life with my parents probly getting divorced and all that. God has used Raw Rock and i believe is contiuning to us it!!!

RAW ROCK KILLS!!!

Jackie.

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited to hear this!!!
I have been worried, but this is very encouraging.

The closer you get to God, the more the world will try to bring you down.

You can find A/N lyrics at http://jesusfreakhideout.com/lyrics/new/artist.asp?artist_id=182

unopposed

Anonymous said...

a world without showbread is something i'd rather not face anytime soon
i really hope the maylene tour is just wut you guys need for some good'ol fashioned pick'me ups

- Letras - said...

Is so nice to read you again talking about the new tour, new record and changes =)
Thanks God for Showbread

*JoHi*

dchicas2 said...

Awesome! Im Gonna go see you guys on November 1st. God has really used you guys to bless me, and alot of other people. Thank You.

e.r.i.c.a said...

I agree with what everyone has wrote. You changed my life as well! I'm so glad you guys stopped in boring Hutchinson KS. It was amazing!!

P.S.- sorry about our mall. :)

Brett said...

You guys can make some crazy-awesome music.

I wanted to go see you at The Underground outside of Cincy, but I couldn't get it to work out. I listen to the albums and try to imagine what a live show would be like (raw, I'm sure!).

I've listened to Anorexia Nervosa just about 100 times (and I have the iTunes play counts to prove it)!

You guys rock. I wish Lexington, KY was big enough to have a venue for you guys that wasn't a straight-up bar.

Brett said...

Also!

Is there anyplace I can buy a "uniform" shirt? That was be freaking awesome.

Anonymous said...

I totally hate it when someone will leave a band and people go crazy and think that the band is breaking up, haha.

I SO cannot wait to see you guys on October 5th.
It's going to be the best thing ever.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! Showbread has been changing my life for the past several years and means a lot to me.

When I noticed you were doing another show near me with Maylene I about cried of joy. This'll be my fourth time seeing you guys this tour. I can't wait! The news of an EP release this year is overwhelming with all the other great news.

I pray for you guys everyday and will continue to, particularly for the rest of your touring.

May Raw Rock kill us all forever and ever, amen.

Anonymous said...

don't stop believe'n

hold on to that feelin'

Anonymous said...

CJ IS THE BALLS


may showbread never die asdfadsadfadsf

Anonymous said...

showbread is amazing. raw rock is amazing. anorexia/nervosa had more of a spiritual impact on me than any sermon i have ever heard. Since buying the albums i have started reading my bible as well as praying again. nervosa taught me that i am a filthy wretch unable to save myself from my addiction to self-injury. anorexia taught me that no matter how much i try to build myself up,it means nothing if i am not trying to really get closer to God. thank you showbread, God is making a huge impact through you please keep up what you are doing.
Ryan

wontworkforfood said...

THANKS BE TO GOD, I am so glad you feel so strongly to do what the Lord has sent you to do.

Long live raw rock and LONG LIVE SHOWBREAD

and fear not, my friend and I are traveling three hours to see YOU roxk the theater w/ Maylene in Minneapolis so it BETTER be good.xD

Always with love,
-one of your many adoring fans

Anonymous said...

A lot of my friends don't like your band, and I guess it makes things hard when it comes to the concerts. I live in Wichita, KS and I absolutely loved it when you guys were here June 11th (that date will stick in my head forever) because Showbread is my favorite band. I'm sorry the crowds suck for size this season, but whether this be Showbread's last season or their early days, I will always love Showbread and the musical legacy it has created. I don't care how few of my friends enjoy this band, I truly and honestly have been moved by every second of Showbread's music and I pray to God for the breathing that keeps your touring and your music and your album success alive because I never want Showbread to end, and for as long as the music stays in my head, I guess it never will, huh?
This band has been the most amazing experience to my ears and to my imagination since the very beginning, and I hope to God for the best of your success, Showbread.

See you next time you're in town.

Ben

Эндий said...

i was at the show in pittsburgh, err...charleroi for a more than miniscule crowd. safe to say, i was shocked.
(that was also the night you guys couldnt set up the whole visual show either)
but the show still rocked and you better believe i'll be there when you guys come around with maylene.

ill be willing to bet you get a better crowd this time around...charleroi is just a lazy town with a population of like...6?

glad to hear you guys are brushing off that bad experience. cant wait for the next tour and DEFINITELY cant wait to buy how showbread ruined my life...cuz you did! >:o

Anonymous said...

Hey... I just wanted to say I LOVE your newest video, The Journey. It was pretty raw :).

Anonymous said...

i dont have alot i can say but il say what i can, first off THANK YOU for being an vessel of God to bring this gift of music to the world and point people to Christ through it. I know for myself change is a hard thing for me to deal with, but God is unchanging and always faithfull and will provide everything to go acording to His perfect plan. its all about Him and not about us. continue to be willing to go wherever He leads you and you will be blessed :)